Note, there's also Internation Museum Day. That's different. It's on May 18 this year, and organized by ICOM
And which museums participate on the French Riviera? Many of them. We've picked a few tasty morcels:
- The Musée d'Art et d'Histoire in Bormes-Les-Mimosas.
- In Grasse, lots of nicely fragranced museums: the Musée Fragonard, the Musée International de la Parfumerie, the Musée d'Art et d'Histoire de Provence.
- In Tourtour, the small Musée des Fossiles with its fossilised dinosaur eggs
- Musée Picasso, Musée de la ceramique in Vallauris.
- Musée d'Art et d'Histoire in Villefranche-sur-Mer, with some fencing animation.
- Dany Lartigues' colorful butterfly museum, the Musée des Papillons in St Tropez.
- Many museums in Nice, including MAMAC, with a guided visit there (in French) that begins at 10h30.
You'll find the complete list of participating museums on the web site: http://printempsdesmusees.culture.fr/