If you've bought the Guide Michelin 2009, you've discovered a little red and white slip inserted among the book's back pages.
It's a "Pass Privilège" and it lets you in on gourmet menus with very digestible prices.
From March 9 to April 5, 2009 some 800+ restaurants participate in the program.
With a magic Pass Privilege in hand, two can feast on the restaurant's Mois Gourmand treat, typically offered for a portion of their regular menu prices.
Who participates in the Mois Gourmand on the Western Côte d'Azur?
Here's a taste of the main participants on the western side of the French Riviera:
- Lou Galoubet in Draguignan
- Grain de Sel in Cogolin
- Le Gourmandin in Le Luc
- Eric Maio in Montauroux
- L'Ecurie du Castellas in Ramatuelle
- Le Bretonnière in Grimaud
- Le Castellaras in Fayence
- La Table d'Yves in Fayence
- La Farigoulette in
- La Gloire de Mon Père in Seillans
- Le Relais des Moines in Les Arcs
- Le Logis du Guetteur in Les Arcs
- Le Chrissandier in Lorgues
- La Bastide des Magnans in Vidauban
- Les Potiers in Fréjus
- Le Sud in St Raphael
- La Table d'Emi in St Raphael
- La Cave in St Raphael
- Le Relais des Maures in Rayol-Canadel
- Mathias Dandine in Le Lavandou
As many participate on the eastern side of the Riviera. In Nice, one we know and can highly recommend:
- Au Rendez-Vous des Amis, Nice
- Auberge de Madone in Peillon
- Les Terraillers in Biot
Can you give an example of these Mois Special deals?
As an example, the charismatic Logis du Guetteur in Les Arcs (set among the interior arches of a 11C donjon in medieval Les Arcs sur Argens, Var) offers a special Mois Gourmand menu for around 25 euros until April 5, 2009. If you've missed it, check out their web site or call as they regularly offer other treats such as Plat+Dessert that are gentle on the wallet.
For more info on the Michelin Guide, see our post: http://www.azuralive.com/2009/02/stars-a.html
For the full listing of participating establishments, see http://www.guide-michelin-centieme.com/